Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weekly Greetings from a New Area! Maranguape!

Hey, all!

I got transferred! After spending just one transfer in Sitio São João, I have been transferred to the area Maranguape, which is a city in the "interior" of Fortaleza. Our area is huge, including two other cities as well. My new companion is Elder Langfoss, from Chicago, Illinois. He's my first American companion since I was being trained by Elder Call! Anyway, he has about 5 months, maybe a little bit less, on the mission. He told me that he doesn't want to speak any English with me, because he really, really wants to improve and master speaking Portuguese, so I'm going to do my best to help him achieve that goal! I am really excited for this transfer.

The family that went to church in my other area was not able to make it to church this past Sunday. Ayrton got a phone call saying that he would have to travel over the weekend for his work, and he was disappointed. In fact, he asked us, "Is it this hard for all people who try and follow the Church? Does everyone face this much opposition?" I hope and pray that they will be able to find ways to overcome the obstacles and the challenges, that they will be able to receive the blessings of the Gospel in their lives. The awesome thing about them is that they are actually interested, and willing to try to change, and to act upon the things that we're teaching them! I hope that everything works out.

I love you all so very, very much! I hope that you all have a great week, and that you can find joy in the journey.

With love,

Elder Reid Powell Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment