Monday, June 11, 2012

The Weekly Report from Beira Mar

Hey, everyone!

So, I´m running as usual, but here´s the scoop:

I neglected to also give late birthday congratulations to my father, Kim Empey, who, for the umpteenth time, turned 13 on May 26th. I love you, Dad:)

My birthday was a little interesting yesterday. Quite unlike others that I have had. Firstly, I am no longer a teenager. Weird. I am twenty years old, and in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language, and I can´t believe how fast the time has gone! Also, as a wonderful birthday present, the Manaus Brazil Temple was dedicated, and I got to watch by satellite! The first ten minutes or so didn´t   come through, they were having technical difficulties. But, they got us online, and I got a chance to sit in the Stake Center in quiet, reading my patriarchal blessing for a few minutes. It was great.

An interesting thing to note is that, during a temple dedication, the stake centers that receive the transmission become extensions of the temple, or even extensions of the celestial room of the temple. As our mission does not have a temple close by, we cannot go to the temple. It´s about 10 hours away by bus:) But, yesterday, I had the opportunity to ``be inside the temple´´ during the temple dedication. I felt the Spirit strongly, and I tried to imagine that I was really there in the celestial room. What a blessing!

Anyway, this week was good. We´re still having a bit of a challenge finding new people to teach who want to act on the message, but I know that as we follow the Spirit, our capacities will be augmented, and we will find those who are being prepared to receive and act upon the message. It is getting better and better with every week that passes!

I love you all so very much:) And, there is a new little bundle of joy to love, too! My niece was born this morning, at 4:03am in Germany:) Her name is Laci Rhiannon Johnson (I think the spelling is right). How grateful I am that technology allows me to know about this wonderful event almost instantaneously, even on the literal other side of the world! Imagine if we couldn´t use email on the mission: I would have to wait for this news until a letter would arrive. But, because the Church is divinely directed, and because technology is truly a gift and a resource given to us from a loving Heavenly Father, I can learn about my niece´s birth, and even see pictures if and when they are sent! (Which I would love, by the way:) )

Have a great, awesome week! Pray as if it were all up to Him, and then get up off your knees, and work as if it were all up to you! In this way, He will bless and exponentialize your efforts and the effects of your efforts, to the point where you can have an influence far greater than you ever imagined possible.

Love you all tons and scoops!

Love always,

Elder Reid Powell Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment