Monday, March 26, 2012

As Notícias da Área Parque das Nações, Missão Brazil Fortaleza

Hey, everybody! I hope that your lives are full and happy.

This past week has been a little crazy, but things are moving along here in the area. A few weeks ago, we had a Family Home Evening at the house of our bishop, and the bishop磗 wife brought with her two young nonmembers who live close by. They are siblings, and they have two brothers who are members, but are less-active. Anyway, we have been trying to get a hold of them for this whole week, and we finally were able to talk to the oldest of the two, Larissa, and talk to her mother about teaching her and everything. We will start working with her and her younger brother, Guilherme, this week, and, hopefully, we can help them to become active members of the Church, as well to help their brothers to come back to activity in the Church.

Tonight, we are planning on having a family home evening in the house of Ivis and Lucas, the two young men who were recently baptized. Lucas is going to receive the Aaronic Priesthood here pretty soon:)

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend! I can磘 believe that 6 months have come and gone so quickly. One of the things that I started doing a few years ago was to write down questions that I have, and pray about them starting at least the week before Conference, praying specifically that they might be answered or touched upon in General Conference, and also praying that I can be prepared to receive the answers and direction I need, through the Holy Ghost. I have a testimony that these prayers are answered. One time, I wrote down a whole bunch of questions, but I had one questions specifically relating to personal revelation, and learning to recognize, understand, and follow the whisperings and promptings of the Holy Ghost.

When General Conference started, the very first talk of the entire Conference was by Elder Richard G. Scott, entitled, ``To Acquire Spiritual Guidance创. It was a literal answer to prayer, and that talk have become one of my most favorite talks, and one that I think has influenced me in my life.

So, if you have questions that you need answers to, or things that are pressing upon your mind and heart, I invite you to go to the Lord, and ask Him your questions; ask Him that you might be prepared and ready to receive His guidance that He wants you to receive. And then, as you watch the sessions, pay close attention. You are asking for the Lord to show you the way, and as you ``hunger and thirst after righteousness创 (3 Nephi 12), you will ``be filled with the Holy Ghost创, and your mind and heart with be enlightened with the things that you need to do.

I love you all so very much! How blessed we are to live in a day when we can hear the words of living prophets and apostles, and receive their guidance as if from the lips of the Master Himself. For those of you who are not familiar with General Conference, or the teachings of the Church, you are welcome to attend these meetings. I invite you to ask my Mom or any other member of the Church more, and they will be happy to answer your questions.

I love you all so very much! Trust in the Lord, be humble, and He will ``lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers创 (D&C 112:10). He loves us, and because He loves us, He will show us the way, and help us as we do our best to walk in His way.


Love you all more than words can express,

Elder Reid Powell Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment