Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 19, 2012 ~ This Week from Parque das Nações

Hey, everyone!

This week was a bit crazy. So much going on, and my brain is a bit fried, so I don´t remember it all:) But, a few highlights:

The two young men that were baptized two weeks ago were confirmed in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. I think that Lucas, who is twelve, will be receiving the Aaronic Priesthood here pretty quick. I am so excited for them both:)

This week, two Elders from another area moved into our apartment, so now it is three Brazilians and one me! But, it will be good. I am good friends with them both, Elder B. Silva, who is from my group in the CTM, and Elder Lins, who is our district leader. Actually, Elder Lins knows Elder Call really well, and so I´ve talked with him quite a bit about lots of different things.

Our zone changed quite a bit at the transfer. I think that we have three or four Elders being trained, and our zone leaders are now a part of our district. It´ll be great to get to know everyone! One of the Elders being trained is Elder Silvertre. He´s from Bolivia, and he is learning Portuguese just like us! He is speaking a bit in Spanish still, so sometimes I don´t understand what he is saying exactly, but he is a great Elder, and I assured him that he will pick up the language quickly.

Anyway, that´s the week in a nutshell! I love you all very much, and I wish you all the very best. Have a great week!

Love always,

Elder Reid Powell Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment