Monday, March 5, 2012

February 27, 2012 ~ As Notícias da Minha Área, Parque das Nações

觢a, a gente!

So, I am running out of time (as usual), but there was something really cool that happened this week.

On Thursday, we had a division. I was with Elder B. Silva in the area Parque das Na珲es (Elder B. Silva is from S鉶 Paulo). I was having a hard time figuring out exactly what we should do, and where to go. As we were walking, I looked at the cell phone for some reason, and I realized that it was turned off. I turned in on, and we kept walking. I feel a bunch of buzzing and notifications, but I didn磘 want to open up the cell phone at night while we were walking on the street.

We stopped by a members house, and while we were there, I checked the cell phone. Their were a bunch of text messages that it had received, and nearly all of them were junk texts about some service that wasn磘 working (I think I may have accidently pushed some buttons while it was in my pocket moving around). But, to my surprise, there was a text from the referral secretary, and there was a referral for us! I was glad that the Lord had given us direction that was very specific and clear, and we followed it.

As we walked to get there, I prayed that he would be at home, that we could be able to talk to him, and that we could do something to help him. We got to the place where his house should have been, but the number of his house wasn磘 there. But, we asked the people close by if they knew where ``Johnny创 lived. They looked a little confused, but said that he lived in the next house over. We asked the people there if Johnny was there, and they said, ``You mean Johnathan?创 We said, ``Sure, yeah!创 Who knows, could be! A young man lead us into the house, and called Johnathan: a thirteen-year-old boy. This was probably not the ``Johnny创 we were looking for. But, his dad came into the room and said, ``Hey, Elders!创

Come to find out, his dad, Anthony, had talked to other Elders before. Actually, he had attended church for a few months without being baptized. He is very religious, and was very open to talking to us. We went back a two days later, and talked to him some more. He is a great man, and we will have to see what will happen in the next few weeks.

The thing is this: when I went back there with my companion, we found the house of ``Johnny创: the number on the front was wrong. Because of that mistake, we were able to find Johnathan and Anthony. If it had been written correctly on the front house, we probably wouldn磘 have found about about them that night.

The Lord truly works in mysterious ways! If we are willing to act and do His work, He will put us in the places we need to be, even if we are in the ``wrong创 place!

I love you all so much! Keep moving forward, and never forget that the Lord has great things in store for us:)

Love always,

Elder Reid Powell Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment