Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 12, 2012 ~ Quick! I love you!

Dear Everyone,

This week was a good one, a bit hard, but good. It was actually the last week of the transfer. This next transfer, I will be with my companion that I have now, Elder Moreira Santos.

We are really short on time today, so this email will be short! I've headed to the ``Centro创 of Fortaleza, or the Center, to buy the mission bag that they have here. I've wanting to buy one for a while, and I'm glad to finally have the chance to go get one.

One of the things that I have been thinking a lot about this past week is who we are as representative of Jesus Christ. Not just as missionaries, but as members of His Church. After all, in the part of Mosiah where it talks about our baptismal covenants, it says that we promise to ``stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, an in all places that ye may be in, even until death创 (Mosiah 18:9). Specifically, I've been thinking about the influence we have on others, and the witness that we bare to them, through our daily example and actions. A grand part of being witnesses of God is in the way we speak, the words we use, the way we feel about others, and the way we treat others. When someone is living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, others can see it in their face; they can just tell that something is different about them.

Sometimes, I think we worry about talking to other people about the Gospel, and about being missionaries in our daily lives. I think something that is important to remember, though, is that our example and our love for others has a greater impact than we can even imagine:)

I love you all so very much! Until the next!

Love always,

Elder Reid Powell Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment