Monday, March 5, 2012

February 6, 2012 ~ What´s Happening in Parque das Nações

Hello, all! Hope your having a great day!

This week was very busy. We磛e been working very hard at finding new people, and we were able to find lots.

It 磗 interesting to me that we, in the United States, typically feel embarrassed or shy or maybe even jealous (in the ``God is a jealous God创 sense, as in we want to keep what we have to ourselves) with our friends, and we are nervous and worried about giving their names as referrals to the missionaries. Here, people are less worried, and often very open to giving us names and/or addresses. I remember that there was a challenge that we were given in our stake quite a while ago that if we will write down the names of friends of the family, and prayer and read the Book of Mormon regularly, we can pray to know which names are of people who are more prepared to receive the gospel, and we can act on it, and give them a Book of Mormon. I can磘 remember exactly what it was, or how the challenge worked, but I think that we could all be better at doing our ``member missionary work创, including myself when I get back!

I磛e gotten to know some of the members better this week. There is a new bishop in the ward, because the ward is actually a new ward. It used to be called ``Aeroporto创, or airport, because it磗 close to the airport. But, the ward boundaries were expanded so now it磗 really big, and it磗 called ``Parque das Na珲es创, or ``Park of the Nations创, which some members have said sounds like the name for a cemetary:) Anyway, things are going alright. We didn磘 have any baptisms this past week, but we will have to see what happens this next week.

Thank you all for your letters and your love and support. I cannot tell you how much it helps:) It helps me to remind myself of the good things that have already happened in my life, and the truths and principles that I have already learned that have helped me, and hopefully others, to live happily and without dwelling on the negative, and on my imperfections. Thank you all for everything:)

Anyway, my time is up, but keep moving forward, read your scriptures, say your prayers, trust in the Lord, and know that He loves you perfectly, infinitely, and unconditionally. It磗 okay if we mess up sometimes:) That磗 why the Savior gave His life for us! I know I have a long way to go, but I know that it will be worth it. It will be so worth it:)

Love and hugs and kisses and all (for those of you that are not family members, we磍l consider them ``pre-mission hugs and kisses创 and ``post-mission hugs and kisses创),

Elder Reid Powell Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment